Myoskeletal Alingment Techniques
What Myoskeletal Therapy
· Relieves chronic pain contributing to weak posture
· Releases trapped nerves from tight muscles, joints and ligaments
· Corrects atrophy, weakness and muscle amnesia in head-forward postures
· Addresses breathing disorders caused by a drooping ribcage
· Lessens pain sensitivity through graded exposure assisted stretching
· Eliminates protective muscle guarding due to joint dysfunction
· Improves sleep by lowering sympathetic nervous system tone
· Creates dynamic, confident posture with innovative restorative techniques
· Corrects sports-related tendon and joint injuries
· Enhances athletic performance through hands-on proprioceptive training
· Changes the brain’s mind about pain through targeted exercise advice
· Prevents chronic neck and back pain due to tension, trauma & weak posture
How Does MAT Work?
· Contract-relax techniques can make the nervous system less threatened by the movement… even if muscles aren’t permanently lengthening, trigger points aren’t being obliterated, fascia isn’t stretching, etc.
· Active pain-free therapy signals the brain that the previously painful movement is now safe.
· By doing this repeatedly, the nervous system will often start to disassociate the movement from the pain.
Läs mer om Erik Dalton från Oklahoma